Sunday, July 4, 2010

I love music, all kinds of music. It's always been tough for me

I love music, all kinds of music. It's always been tough for me to answer, what kind of music do you like Sue because really I like a bit of everything. When I first started out working right after college, one bit of music I did NOT listen to a great deal to at the time was gospel music, and yet soon after I started working I found myself producing a relatively small gospel music program for several years. After being taken to several of the local churches and exposed to that joyful sound, I had a whole new appreciation of what passion meant, of what it means truly for the soul to sing in a different form than what I normally listened to. It was with great sadness now I learn that the host, a friend that I had long lost touch with has passed away and I am mourning her passing. Her gift to me was someone to laugh with, talk with, sometimes frustrating, sometimes uplifting, sometimes giving me a kick in the butt when I needed it, and the first time she took me to one of her local church where they made a beautiful joyful noise unto god, I felt just like this character here from this film: a bit oblivious, seeking searching and then I heard a joyful sound. Godbless my friend and farewell and I hope you are surrounded by non stop glorious music, and the sound is wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment